Friday, April 21, 2006

Life after KIDS!

I find it interesting that once we take our eyes off of ourselves, our problems, our trials, and focus on helping others how quickly our lives turn back to being positive! HMMM, Amazing!
I am referring to how much a part of my life my daughter was and still is. When she married and moved away from home, and I mean AWAY! My life seemed at best, OVER! The first six months was a real trial emotionally, spiritually, and physically!
A warning to all starting your families, they do grow up and they do move away, if you start preparing yourself now, maybe it won't be so hard when IT happens! Hee Hee!
Daddy and I had melt down. He threw himself into making changes around the home. I threw myself into trying to adjust, to feeding critters alone, having the vet and horseshoer come and not having any help to handle the critters. The dealing with the sick critters was especially hard. The times coming to and going home from Church were equally hard. The setting down to dinner all alone. The utter times of total falling apart when someone would ask how is she doing and not even noticing that I was in a holding pattern...oh my, WOE IS ME!
Not to make light of this, but life does go on. YES, I miss my daughter and I miss my son in law, but God has a purpose for each of us. He knows the beginning from the end. He knows what is best for us and HIS ways are higher than our ways. His understanding is BIGGER than ours. He KNOWS what we need before we DO!
I am thankful this morning because HE could see that I needed to learn to lean on HIM and not Kasey! Phew, Thank you Lord, for your goodness, your mercy and your long suffering! AMEN!
To all of you our there in blog land who's children have left home and left you in a heap of desolation! Take comfort in the fact, that GOD is ABLE to restore you back to a life full of service to HIM. After all HE gave us those children or child to train them up in HIM.
Now, pick yourself up, go take a shower, have a cup of coffee and then get busy in what HE has for you to do, then, PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD and PRAISE THE LORD!
God Bless you each one, may your weekend be blessed and full of service to Him and to the ones HE puts in your path.....WAHOO!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Well, I'm glad you miss me :p

Rebekah Doran said...

When I first saw your title, I thought that you were going to talk about life after HAVING kids. lol I know at times it seems so overwhelming for me, but you are right, if we take our eyes off ourselves and problems, things do get better, alot beter. *smile*

Love you!

Sis. Doran