Thursday, April 20, 2006

Good Morning Blogville...WAHOO.
What a pretty day it is starting out to be.
I love springtime, the birds are singing first thing in the morning, the trees are starting to blossom and the air is ssssssssooooooooooo fragrant!
I love looking out my bathroom window at my horses, with there soft muzzles to the ground eating green grass. I love the smell of warm horses, I love how their whiskers tickle my skin as they search for carrotts!
I love the feel of spikey (my youngest doggie) nuzzled up to me and his first greeting in the the morning. I love it when my stray dog (Larry) comes knocking at the door at night asking to come in and how happy he is to see me. OH BOY! I love the smell of fresh mown hay and the smell of the earth as the rain pelts it's surface!
I love it when my son in law calls and talks to me about his day and what he is doing at work or what vehicle he is working on.
I love when my husband calls me at work and says "HEWOO"!
I love the fact that I can read all your blogs and be encouraged or be lifted up by the things going on in your lives and sometimes how parrallel they are to my own.
I love how each new day and each new experience is a reflection of the Lords love to me. I love the feeling of knowing my prayers have reached heaven. I love the feeling of knowing HE is there and HE knows of me!
I am so grateful to know the Lord. I ssssssssooooooooooooooo appreciate HIS goodness and long suffering towards me, His mercy and His grace.
PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD.
I love you kasey baby!

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Good job momma!
BLOG PEOPLE OR I WILL GET YOU :p
Hey, nice blog...how'd ya do it?! ;)

Juls4Him said...

Hi Sister Katie,
We haven't met but I feel like we have through Kasey and Damon. I am sure with you about loving spring and the beautiful days. I do miss those clear western skies of Arizona but the Appalachian Mountains have a beauty of their own here in NC. We are almost at the VA border and it's very hilly. I would have given anything to have horses but I'm allergic to most animals. I have only been able to keep doggies and I'm thankful for that. I'm trying this blog thing but I'm really slow at learning! I am searching for backgrounds but will need some tutoring I'm sure. It never does the same thing twice! Just wanted you to know your posts are very uplifting and refreshing! Us Mom's have to stick together after the kids go off and leave us, huh? (What are they thinking!!!!). LOL
Love in Jesus, Sis Julie

Katie said...

It is a part of life no one warned me about. Oh yes I had heard of empty nesters, but you never really know until you are there. Especially it seems with only one child in the nest to start with. The first six months were so hard. It was like i had no life left. My heart was shattered into a million little pcs! Fortunately for me and my poor husband the Lord has put me back together again. For that I am so THANKFUL!
Thank you for posting Sis Julie. I look forward to getting to know you through these blogs.
God Bless you and keep you.
Love and prayers, sis katie.

Juls4Him said...

You are so right! I had worked at preparing myself for when the kids were gone and had always planned to be busy and work or something. I knew with homeschooling that my life was wrapped up in them but I had no idea in the world how everything would shatter when my daughter ran away from home in May of 02. Brad left home the very same day to go to BTI and then never came back but went to see about courting Rachel (which was exactly what he needed to do...I was much more prepared for that). But Krissy just decided to give up on God and leave home at age 17. She wouldn't finish school and there was no stopping her. It became our worst nightmare and is still going on. It took me a year and a half in bed and fighting through so much illness and pain but it was God who brought me up and has now set me on me feet to work for Him. I truly thought I was going to be bedridden for good up until about a year ago. I was making it to church but that was about all. Sister Vicki got me to a ladies retreat and things began to turn around for me. Now I have a blessed nursing home ministry that means the world to me. But I never would have thought that I would take so great a fall...if you would have asked me just a year before she left, I would have said oh no, it will be okay. God has a way of getting our attention. May He bless you also, Sis. It helps us all to lift up each other until we all make it home!

Katie said...

Amen Sis, thank you so much for sharing.
I will hold you up in prayer, bless you for being so candid.