Thursday, November 06, 2008

Hello,

Day 2....this is a strange time for me. I have had a regular job, since....1972. With a brief period between 1983 and 1984 not working full time. I kind of feel
like I do not have a purpose, if that makes sense. I did some research, and losing
gainful employment is likened unto a death....I feel at a loss.
I know God is in control. I know that HE will not shut one door without opening
another...so I am resting in Him. One thing is for sure, HE has given me the peace that passeth ALL understanding. As I pulled out of my company's parking lot yesterday, it really hit me....that I would no longer go there every day and leave there everyday. Then yesterday afternoon as I sat in my living room, thinking, God, what is it you have for me, what will I do now?
I love the Lord and am so thankful that HE has me in the palm of His hands. I think of the song Tennessee Ernie Ford used to sing, when I was a child...He has the Whole world in His hands...that means me too, bloggers...He knows my name, He called me.
Whatever lies ahead, I am better suited to deal with what comes my way...because of HIM. The Bible, our road map, says to Praise HIM in ALL THINGS....Glory be to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords....be blessed this day and Praise His Name.

2 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

i want to encourage you during this time. have fun. seek projects you might have no had time to otherwise do. make yourself an assembly line and get started on Christmas cards. i don't know what other crafts or projects you might like.

here's some of mine to get your brain thinking:

crochet, sewing, rug making, baking, cooking, setting a weekly time to meet for coffee with close friends, start a bible study with some ladies, rake your leaves and some neighbors without telling them you did it, visit the senior citizens and take a basket of fruit. maybe someone will know a craft you still want to learn.

for me, that would be knitting. :)
senior citizens will especially want a visitor come thanksgiving.

go visit my grampa. he could show you his new fourwheeler! :)

personally, i think staying at home is the best thing in the world. it's my hope that you might find as much joy in it as i do. :)

p.s. sneak over to kasey's house and do something for her there while she's not at home. hee hee.

Katie said...

Thank you,You are right M....it is so easy to turn inward, the greatest blessings come from blessing others......my desire is to glorify God in ALL things,....i have always been the encourager...so I very much appreciate your encouragement. I miss my Momma and Damon, aside from your Mother, they were my greatest ally's...Momma was always good at making things seem right and Damon, well, he just loved me and really that is all i really want, is to know that I am loved and appreciated and also to know that others are lifting me up in prayer. ....hang in there little girl, we are on the home stretch...Jesus is alive and well....PRAISE THE LORD!